= The Plan =
- December: apply to US schools for part time studies, while continuing to work for Apple for a year or so. Then leave Apple and finish degree full time.
- February: apply to IC, Edinburgh and EuMI for full time studies (deadline is more relaxed).
- Prefer US school and part time at Apple. Otherwise, either wait a year or do full time in Europe.
= Stanford HCP (Dec 9) =
- [[http://vw.stanford.edu/ | Virtual Worlds Group]]: investigating large-scale networked virtual environments.
- Awesome blend of networking scalability issues and computer graphics
- Seems to be a very cool group of people.
- Perhaps talk to Vladlen Koltun (vladlen at stanford dot edu) about it?
= CMU HCII (Jan 31) =
- [[http://www.hcii.cmu.edu/ | Human-Computer Interaction Institute]] at CMU
- Consider applying to the MHCI program.
= MIT Media Lab (Dec 15) =
- What goes into the portfolio?
Cool groups: * Judith Donath: Sociable Media (How to create better online environments and interfaces for human communication.) * Henry Holtzman: Information Ecology (How to create seamless and pervasive connections between our physical environments and information resources.) * Hiroshi Ishii: Tangible Media (How to design seamless interfaces between humans, digital information, and the physical environment.) * Kent Larson: Changing Places (How new technology and strategies for design can make possible dynamic, evolving places that respond to the complexities of life.) * Henry Lieberman: Software Agents (How software can act as an assistant to the user rather than a tool, by learning from interaction and by proactively anticipating the user's needs.) * Tod Machover: Opera of the Future (How musical composition, performance, and instrumentation can lead to innovative forms of expression, learning, and health.) * Pattie Maes: Transitive Interfaces (How to integrate the world of information and services more naturally into our daily physical lives, enabling insight, inspiration, and interpersonal connections.) * Rosalind W. Picard: Affective Computing (How new technologies can help people better communicate, understand, and respond to affective information.) * Barry Vercoe: Music, Mind and Machine (How to build intelligent music systems out of interacting audio-processing agents.)
= Berkeley (Dec 15) =
= Edinburgh (Unknown) =
- They have a 1 year masters program
= Imperial College (Aug 31?!) =
- Talk to Susan to find out some things
- Admission deadline
- Funding for MSc
- How to best proceed