== Building a Visualization Language (9 - 10) ==
John Resig (Firebug, jQuery) presents a talk on Processing.js, his port of Processing to Canvas.
- JR hasn't tried much in terms of overlaying multiple canvases on top of one another
- Review (just a raster, not scalable graphics)
- Canvases can consume other canvases, images and videos (FF 3.1)
- Visualization language in Java, for 2D and 3D. Built by people at MIT
- Many libraries (manipulate video, etc)
- Strictly typed, very flat API. OpenGL-like (setup(), draw())
- Primitive drawing very similar to canvas
- Tons of samples on processing.org
- JR ported Processing to Processing.js
- Isn't a large part of processing its main library? Yes but only the 2D drawing bits are supported.
- How do you achieve the synchronization in the Youtube video at http://ejohn.org/apps/hero/ ? Youtube API gives constant callback