A powerful system for leaving yourself memos.
Here's how it works:
- Hit an OS-wide key combination to bring up Jot prompt
- Start typing the note.
Jot completes things based on its idea of what you are trying to type.
- EXAMPLE: You type someone's name, it will cross reference a contact in your contacts repository
- EXAMPLE: You start typing a url, and Jot will x-ref something from your bookmarks
EXAMPLE: You type a location and Jot will create a link to google maps
ISSUE: make x-refs explicit, or just rely on the system being smart enough?
- When you finish writing, Jot stores your note.
- Also, depending on the type of data in your note, Jot will store it in the appropriate calendar/todo manager/contact manager/bookmark manager software
- Jot application lets you tag, sort and filter notes.
Types of completions:
- Times, dates
- Based on name, phone number, email address, etc